Sunday, January 13, 2008

Top Shows of 2007 # 5

Last year was a pretty good year for shows and I'd like to list my top 5.

#5.
I'm going with Gallery 1988's "Crazy 4 Cult" from last July. Not that Kevin Smith's appearance had anything to do with this because quite frankly he practically bought half of the pieces from the show. Check Kevin's post here.

Between Smith's movies, Willy Wonka and Leon, not much cult going on here. I would have liked to have seen maybe John Hughes, some zombie action or even John Cusack (just one piece was in the show). From a marketing standpoint it was really successful show that will now be an annual event with endless future prints. Among works from over 50 artists including Scott Campbell, Stella Im Hultberg, Kathie Olivas, Luke Chueh, the best piece in my
opinion was Derek Albeck's piece from the Boondock Saints.



















Great piece. Captures the movie and Derek's style.

No comments: