Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back when I was in Dallas this March for a business trip, I attempted a visit out to The Public Trust gallery. I sent an email prior to the trip but I never received a response. When I had made it to Dallas, made the trip out on my first day because I would have been too busy with work to make a visit. Bummer. It was closed and I remember seeing half-filled wine glasses on the front counter. It had the look of going to a party a day late. I was staying at the Fairmont and there weren't any cabs around. The hotel provided a complimentary car service who were super nice about driving my dorky ass around. I was really disappointed. I mean, whenever will I be back in Dallas? I did catch a reception at the Nasher Sculpture Center that I would highly recommend. It's indoor and outdoor.

Love these bronze headless statues by Magdalena Abakanowicz (thanks random photo from Flickr):
















and Jonathan Borofsky's "Walking to the Sky":

No comments: